Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Not a baby anymore
Hunter is growing up so fast, it makes me sad that my little buddy is not a baby anymore. It seems like yesterday it was just the two of us figuring out life together. The other day his friend called him and wanted him to come over and play. The girls were asleep and I knew they would be waking up soon and I didn't want to wake them to take him so, I told him maybe later. He said he could ride his bike. Well Jake's house is four or five blocks away, its not on any busy roads just in our neighborhood but he has never gone by himself. Tons of boys his age ride their bikes further than that. Hunter looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes and said "Mom! I am not a baby anymore, you treat me like a baby, I can ride by myself!" And at that moment I realized he isn't a baby he is a big boy. So I asked Jake's mom if she would call me when he got there. Luckily he made it safe both ways. So my little boy is not a baby anymore. It seems like such a small thing but in this world today it's hard to watch them go on their own. Today it's riding is bike tomorrow its driving a car or going to college (your right dad.) You try to protect them from anything bad but you also know they need to grow and make their own way in the world. I love you Hunter, you are such a special boy. And I promise to try not to treat you like a baby anymore :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is so hard to let go. I would have left the kids sleeping and secretly followed him. :)
Brady would love to play with Hunter anytime! He is getting older because he thinks he needs to have friends over everyday!
Oh that is too cute...you are right this world is so scary. It is hard hoping that you have taught them right and that they will be okay out there. I just want to keep Carson right here with me, where I know he is safe. It is so hard to let them go sometimes, even though it is inevitable.
Tell him to get out of the street! :)
I think I am going to cry....
Awww!! Makes me sad! Its hard to let go, I totally am in that stage with Ash right now. Since he is my youngest, I am having a hard time with him growing up.
Post a Comment