Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's that time of year.....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween. It's my favorite time of year and always has been. I love everything about it, carving pumpkins, making yummy treats, and finding fun costumes! I grew up on scary movies, and always loved coming up with outrageous costumes. I started 7 years ago collecting things when they go on sale and each year get one new thing and it's accumulated to a pretty big collection. My first was the big spider web and my favorite is the pirate my dad got me last year. It's a fun tradition putting it up and the neighborhood kids love it. We also have a big halloween party every year and it's really fun to see everyone each year in their costumes. We have such great friends and family that come every year and I know they secretly love it! The pictures do not to it justice so if your are around Oct 30th stop on by for our potluck!











11 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

You must be the mom that all of your kids friends just love, seriously that is so cute. I love all the decorations, they are great. I wish I was around come Halloween to see it all in person, it looks great!

Thiago & Teri said...

That is hilarious..I love it. I seriously don't think I have ever seen that much stuff. It must take forever to get that all up...but then again that is always half the fun of it. Very cute...way to go!

curtandheather said...

Love the decor, I look forward to your house this time of year because you are so festive and its fun because I can enjoy it any time I want :)

Aleese and Scott said...

WOW I love your decorations they look awesome! You have inspired me to get more. So cute!

Ashley and Devan said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I bet people drive by your house just to see all the decorations. Your kids must love it too!

Cassie said...

Yesterday when I was driving Brady and Josh home from school, Josh was staring out the window the whole time. I asked him if he was looking for something and he said "Yes, that frecky house". It was yours! When we passsed he said, "there it is, there it is". We had to drive by really slow so they could get a good look.
It looks great!

Jamie said...

Jess I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween too, it's better then Christmas! Your yard looks so awesome!! I wish you lived closer to help me decorate. I used to do a haunted house in my garage for the trick or treaters I should start that up again. Trent's parents are coming home soon so I hope I can come down and visit you!!

Ashley and Ryan said...

I love the Halloweeny yard! It look great!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

I love it....you are an awesome decorator! We are planning a trip down there sometime this month, and I would love to see your yard all light up at night.

Johnstun Fam said...

oh I LOVE it! My house is lame, no halloween decorations except inside, I have to wait till they all go on sale. :(

hoLLY said...

you are an amazing decorator! your house looks awesome!!! im sad i dont think we will get to see it in person, we wont be down in St. George till thanksgiving!