Friday, October 24, 2008

Three Billy Goats Gruff

I read to Hunter's class today and had a blast! I had to read Three Billy Goats Gruff and do an activity. Try finding an activity for that book, I guess it would have been easy but I didn't want to do the usual coloring page or puzzle. I found these cute toilet paper tube goats and decided that would be fun and somewhat easy. But where would I get 20 TP tubes? That's when I called on all my family and friends! Thanks to all that donated and this is what we did with them! The kids loved it and it was interesting to see the difference in all the kids abilities! They were so funny. And a big shout out to Kindergarten teachers, I don't know how they do it everyday! One girl kept hugging me and telling me she loved me, one kid couldn't cut out the goat, another had a very vibrant one, they all were hilarious to watch while making these. I am so lucky to have such a hard working husband so I can have the time to volunteer at my kids schools. I thought when I had Hunter and Brielle both going to school I would have more time to get things done but it's the opposite. Between running them to and from school, volunteering, and getting things ready for events and school parties I am so much more busy. It's my own fault for signing up to do it all but I love it and it gives me a chance to be there at their school's and I think that is very important. I always loved seeing my mom and neighbors at school and it's cute to see how excited they are to see you!

2 comments:

Ashley and Ryan said...

See, you would make a good teacher! :)

Eric and Jenny said...

I think I have said it before, but you truly are such a great mother. You are always doing so much for your kids. It's the little things that count just like that, and I really admire you. Oh and your costumes looked great, Sophie looks so big all of a sudden to me. I can't wait to see the "REAL" costumes this year!