Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Code Adam!

Well today was the first and last time I lost my child at Walmart. I was looking for my hairspray and they changed their bottle style so I was trying to find which one was the one I use. I turn around and Brielle is nowhere to be found. I go up and down the aisles yelling her name and finally find some employees and ask if they had seen her. Immediately they get on their walkie talkies and say CODE ADAM three year old girl white jacket pink pants all associates stop what you are doing. I was so terrified and embarrassed at the same time. They made me go to Customer Service and wait, my neighbor that I babysat her kids last year, look and says "it's Brielle that is missing!" and runs to go find her. So I sat by myself for two long minutes and then Brielle comes strolling around the corner with my neighbor. I didn't know whether to hug her or beat her. I was so thankful she was alright and so embarrassed. She had hid in the dog food aisle and knew when everyone was yelling her name she would be in trouble so she stayed put. Oh she got a major talking to and cannot play with her toys. So there is my bad mom moment guess I am going to start doing my shopping at 12:00pm while all the kids are asleep. Here are some pictures of her going to a princess party being oh so innocent.


12 comments:

Ashley and Ryan said...

Scary! Hey, at least she had shoes on and had been bathed in the last week (haha, Wal-mart Bingo you sent me....)

hoLLY said...

how scary! love the pics!! so cute.

Eric and Jenny said...

It's hard to be mad at such a cute little face, that is so funny though. Bad mom nothing, I think we have all had that happen a time or two or ten. Lance is fabulous at wandering off, but for the time they are lost there is nothing scary.

curtandheather said...

OH my gosh!! heart attack, that girl is going to give you that many times throughout her life I have a feeling.

The Martin's said...

I would have died Jess!! I can't even imagine having that kind of a scare. I'm sooo glad you found her! I love the princess outfit!!

Jamie said...

lol oh dear!! I am glad they found her, she looks so cute in her little outfit!

Thiago & Teri said...

Ohhhh, I hate that. My mom lost carson at Walmart too about a year ago. We were there together with my cousin and her 2 kids....so many kids running around and we forgot who was with who. Anyways, it lasted for about 3 minutes, but it was the most awful 3 minutes of my life. The front end ended up finding him, so mortifying. Don't feel bad, it happens to us all.

Aleese and Scott said...

I would be terrified!! All though that is pretty funny what little kids will do. I love the pictures they are so cute!! Also Sophie is six months WOW!!! Barrick is such a little guy he only weighs a couple more pounds then her!!

Anonymous said...

---note to self, never take Max shopping after he can walk.

Catmull's said...

I'm so sorry! That sucks! I wouldn't call yourself a bad mom though. Things like that happen. by the way... what photo editing do you have? I LOVE the pictures you take of your kids.

Johnstun Fam said...

Thats funny, scary but funny! I remembered when I worked at walmart, we had at least one a day. so don't worry, it happens all the time! You gotta love her, she is so cute!!!!

Cassie said...

Oh how stressful! I have never had to do the whole Code Adam thing but I have lost Brady a few times and I totally panicked! I started yelling his name I didn't even care if people thought I was loney.
I bet she won't do that again!
Can't wait for your party!