Monday, November 10, 2008

I am HUNGRY!!!

Every year a local radio station tries to get as much as they can for the Dixie Care and Share and has lunch for $5 and if you donate canned food you get your name in a drawing. Last week TJ and I decided to go get lunch and give the kids a chance to donate. We gave Hunter and Brielle each a bag of food and on the way there were explaining to them that there are people that need our help and they're hungry and we can help them. Brielle was starving (as usual) and couldn't wait to get lunch and kept asking if there would be food for her too. We told her we would buy lunch and donate at them same place. So we got in line and paid for our lunch and the kids gave their bags to the lady and then Brielle says to the lady, "Are you hungry?" The lady looked at her and said no and asked why and Brielle said "I am starving! I want my food back then!" I took her hand and got in line for the food and told her the lady would give the food to the hungry people and showed her what we would be eating. She quickly forgot about her bag of food once she had a big plate of food! This picture explains Brielle completly, if I had two words to explain her it would be FOOD and TALKING! She started talking at 18 months (when other people could understand her too) and has always grabbed my food even before she had teeth! She is such a funny girl with so much spunk!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

You have cute kids Jess! I look up to you and hope that I can be a good fun mom like you!

Ashley and Ryan said...

haha, love the pic, she looks like a teenager! :)

Brent~April~Kennley said...

What a cute little girl. She seems like she has a lot of fun personality!

Cassie said...

Such a funny story! She is so cute. I love the picture.

Chinos :) said...

Hey women I am tagging you get to my Blog Pronto! :)

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh thats too funny. Typical girl, don't we all love food and talking. You guys are great parents to teach them that little lesson of helping others, way to go!!