Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday!

This was my first Black Friday shopping experience and I have to say I barely survived!!! I don't like waking up early and I get really claustrophobic but, TJ loves movies and is obsessed with his surround sound system, and has been wanting a blu-ray dvd player for quite sometime now but they are ridiculously expensive. So when I saw the low unbeatable price in the ad's I knew I had to get it no matter what it took! Thursday night our outlet mall started their sale at 11:00 pm so I left the house at 10:00 pm and found some great deals at Children's Place and Downeast and left with my arms full around 1:00 am, I wasn't tired so I went to Walmart to see where they were putting the dvds. I got home around 2:00 am and Sophie woke up and was wide awake so I took her in the family room and laid down on the floor next to her while she played. My alarm went off at 4:00 am and I was off! When I got there, 8 people were already there waiting for it and there was only 25! I seriously was sick to my stomach the whole hour before it opened. We had about 15 minutes left at one point and we watched this older lady walk right up to the display look at it and take it. She waddled down the shoe aisle and was hiding. About 5 minutes later a store clerk but one back and yelled at everyone to wait until the ropes went down. So naturally was all were making fun the the old yellow coat lady until I look up and she is hiding in the next aisle. She takes her bright coat off and ties it around her waist and moves towards the display. A group of guys across from me continue to make fun of her and say they don't care if they get one just as long as she doesn't! I start laughing and say she is right across from me. It was hilarious! Just then my mother in law got there to get some things for other people and said she would go down to the toy area to get the lego castle I wanted to get Hunter. Just then the ropes went down and I ran five steps and was on top of ten people and finally dove under their legs and got the last one! I was laying on it holding on tight as people were trying to grab it from me. My nails broke off and I look over and see a lady crying on the floor fighting over another one saying she was pregnant (liar). Finally everyone backed off and I stood up holding my prize possession! My Mother in law got attacked by falling displays and tons of people pushing through, she is such a trooper! We finally made it out alive and hour later! So TJ better appreciate his gift or I will seriously cry! The things we do to save money! TJ doesn't even know how to read his email without my help so I know he never reads our blog on his own so don't tell him what I got him! Just tell him his wife must really love him!

Here is proof my nails were digging so hard holding onto the box!

10 comments:

Ashley and Ryan said...

You are crazy, no way am I waking up that early! :) Good for you, I can see you fighting for that dvd player, I remember how scary you can be when you fight, I have the nail marks/scars to prove it...... :) j/k!

Thiago & Teri said...

AAHHH..that is so funny. Way to go, seriously. You must really love the guy to face those crowds. I have never really been into that, I always send Thiago if I want something. I am happy you got one though, makes it all worthwhile.

Clemments Family said...

I am glad you made it ou alive. People are crazy out there, I went in Walmart and walked out. I got up at 3am to go shopping. I went to Target and it wasn't bad at all.

Johnstun Fam said...

wow you ST.Georgians are crazy, up here in Davis county it went much smoother! What a woman you are!!! loveya!

shawfamily said...

mom told me all about your guys's experience.. haha.. that's so funny.. seriously I called like a million times and no calls ever went through to find you guys so I just looked like an idiot by myself haha.. glad you survived.. well kinda huh? hah

Eric and Jenny said...

I love it! That's so funny, it's like something out of a movie. Way to go what a great wife, not sure I would have done the same. Big crowds scare me a bit. Funny, funny, funny!

Tiff and Chris said...

Good for you! I can't believe how crazy some of the people out there are when they are clawing at you. What a great mother-in-law

hoLLY said...

good for you! man its crazy what people will do for a good deal! its kinda sad! what has this world come to! haha glad you got what you wanted though!

curtandheather said...

Sounds a lot crazy there in Walmart. Good thing you brought your fighten gloves, sadly no more nails. I knew you were tough, fighten off granny!!

The Browns said...

Oh my gosh you are a fighter just like the good old days. Nobody messes with jess.hahaha. That story is soooooo funny thanks for the laugh.