Saturday, September 11, 2010

Soccer Season!!!

Hunter and Brielle had their first soccer games of the season!

I had to coach Brielle's game, everyone that knows me knows I am awful at sports and have no clue what's going on. I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad, I would just let the coach on the other team take over and guide the girls toward the goal, little did I know the other coach was a sub too and had no clue what to do either! I had the whistle and stopwatch so I ended up doing everything, I am sure everyone was laughing at us. Luckily the girls had a blast and we won 6-3, Brielle scored 3 goals and really went after the ball. At the end of the game we were in our team huddle and I told the girls they did great and TJ was sick but would be back next week. Brielle then blabs "He's not sick Mom! He had surgery on his privates!!" I quickly changed the subject but can just imagine what the girls are telling their parents on the way home! TJ got a vasectomy the day before and needs to lay low over the weekend, we are a pretty open family and we had to explained why he couldn't lift the kids and not to jump on him so we told them a kid friendly version of the procedure. Obviously we didn't emphasis enough the importance of not to telling other people the details!
Hunter did really good, he played stopper the whole game and did great defending the goal. Hopefully next game they will move him around more.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh that's great thanks for a good laugh!

Ashley and Ryan said...

haha, that's miss Brielle! :)

Jamie said...

So no more?! You make cute babies and are such a great mom though!:) How did the proceedure go? Trent needs one.