Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturdays = SOCCER!!!!

I love being a Soccer Mom! I know to some that may seem silly but I love sitting on the sidelines watching them play their hearts out. I love watching their eye's light up and their big smiles when they get a goal, the thumbs up I sometimes get, seeing them interact with other's for a common goal, the beads of sweat on their foreheads and flushed faces, the look, the determination and sometimes the disappointment. It's family time for us, it teaches them to support each other, it gives them an hour to shine. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, you can't always control that, but you can give it your all and have fun. We have many talks on the way home from games and practices, deep meaningful talks that forever will be embedded in their minds, and in my memories.
Now don't get me wrong, it's not always pleasant, there are meltdowns, like today, Sophie took off her shirt because it was over 100 degree's outside and she loves to be naked, when I had to wrangle her back in it she screamed her head off for what seemed like eternity. She finally laid down on the field and surrendered. We were all sweating to death and ornery because it was nap time. There are times when we are scrabbling around looking for a missing cleat or a shirt is dirty because it didn't get put in the clothes hamper. There are times when you just want to stay home and forget about it or go home and lock yourself in your room because all the kids were complete animals and you wonder where you are going wrong. But most the time these faces that seem to be growing up so fast are worth those crazy moments. Most the time there is no where else I would rather be.











1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

You have me sold on being a soccer mom!

I loved what you said about why you love it so much, it was very real, and very heart warming. Thanks for your sweet thoughts, and I love the picture of Sophie having her little meltdown on the field. I know I have said it before but I truly think you are such an amazing mother. You are so in the moment with your children, and I just love that.