Saturday, June 12, 2010

3 days post-op

Here is the new belly button! It has been 3 days and he was allowed to take off the bandages and shower! He was nervous to take it off and the stupid cotton ball was really stuck on there. Healing still has a way to go and it will look different in a month or so the Dr. said, but I think it looks pretty good already!
Hunter looked at it and was so excited, he said, "It doesn't stick out!! But it looks weird." I told him it was just like a scab it takes time to heal and look normal.. He then said "I can't wait to go back to school, chicks digs scars!"
Oh no! Is that why he wanted surgery, for a cool scar? He is doing really well he can sit up and walk, he probably could do more but I think he is scared and likes the attention. Not that I blame him, who wouldn't want to lounge around, watch tv, read, color, and be catered to all day :) We will let him milk it for as long as he wants, I like being able to cuddle with him whenever I want too!
When I asked him if it was worth the pain he said "YEP! I got tons of treats, toys and movies!"
Silly boy, thanks to all our family and friends that have been there for him, he really felt loved.


No comments: