Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sophie's way of going potty....

I have been waiting to capture this picture...

Yep, Sophie is potty trained! Well, if you're a dog anyway!

For the last month if I am home all day I will keep her naked and take her to the bathroom every 45 minutes, sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesn't and sometimes.......

she goes out the doggie door to play outside, a little while later rips off her diaper (if she has one on) and just goes outside! Yep, you read right, just like the doggies! Awhile ago TJ was picking up dog pop before mowing the lawn and came in and said look, doesn't this look human? At the time we didn't know she was going outside and going to the bathroom, a few days later I caught her doing it. Another time TJ went out front to mow the lawn and didn't know she followed him out the door. He looks over and she is peeing on the rock out front! He came in laughing and I was like "Did any neighbors see her?" I mean the backyard is one thing but we don't want to seem too white trash lol! Don't worry she gets cleaned off when she comes inside! I have found when kids are ready they pretty much potty train themselves after a few months of showing them and repeating going. I think she has a few more months until we get really serious about it, but I have no idea what to do if your kid thinks they're a dog! So for now if there is a rock, tree, grass, cement sidewalk nearby we know she will go potty just not in a bathroom anytime soon.

5 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

This is priceless. I guess that just shows you she is truly independant!

Eric and Jenny said...

This picture is to die for!

Ashley and Ryan said...

haha!! That is the funniest picture!!

Jamie said...

Wow you must have had your camera ready! Wedding video picture. How are you feeling?!

Bentleys said...

I have been waiting to capture this moment for a few months, I watched her rip her diaper off and ran and grabbed my camera and luckily got the ending lol. Priceless!! I am feeling ready to be done lol! I have started feeling like it might come sooner but who knows!