Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference

I had Parent Teacher Conference for Hunter and Brielle today and I still feel like I did when my parents went to talk with my teachers! I was always a great student but I would still get nervous! Now instead of waiting for my parents to walk through the door with the news I get to go and get the information! I get butterfly's in my stomach wondering if my kids are doing well, are the nice, well behaved, or total terrors? Are they totally flunking making me the worse Mom in the world? I mean, I have no clue what I am doing, I do their homework with them, we read tons around here, they are well rounded in extra curricular activities, but am I doing enough? I am in their classrooms at least once a week so I am sure they are doing fine but you never know, lol! Well... good news, I am not a total slacker Mom :) they both are doing really well and above average!! Woot Woot!
Hunter is doing great and above average in everything, his strong points are Math, Science, and Arts, we need to work on reading but he is still in the upper level of his class.
Brielle, what a smarty pants this little one is! I just love Montessori, it is worth every penny! She is reading level 1 books (she is 4 1/2 by the way!) She just finished her 100s board and is starting addition! She is also doing really well in gymnastics, and frequently helps her classmates. The only thing we need to work on is her writing confidence.
I am so proud of these two, they are great classmates, smart, and respectful! Now to just continue on this path! whew!

5 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

WOW...seriously, they both sound like super smart kids. Carson is the same age as Brielle and can barely read his name. Seriously, good job mom...you know it all starts in the home.

Eric and Jenny said...

Okay I am rather shocked as well, I am with Teri Lance knows how to read very little, we are just starting to work on that, I feel so behind now! I swear you are super mom, you really amaze me! Glad it went wonderful, I can imagine it would be a little stressful wondering if your child is the class troublemaker!

Nick and Stacey said...

I am not excited for those parent teacher conferences....but if I could take a few lessons from you....sounds like you are one great mom! You have lucky kids.

Ashley and Ryan said...

Tell them I love them and miss them and their Aunt Ashley says they are super smart! :)

The Martin's said...

Wow!! Talk about super mom!! And super kids!! Nice job!!