Yep, we finally got rid of the sucker! It has been over a week now poor Sophie, she loved them so, she would hide them throughout the house and most the time had one in her hand and one in her mouth! I hated it and loved it at the same time, anytime she was being a pill you plug her and she was fine! But it was long overdue to get rid of it! I tried for months only letting her have it at bedtime but she would grab it and hide them and of course you buy more, I even cut the tip off and she flipped! So cold turkey was it, it was awful, completely awful the first two days. She cried for 20 minutes at bed and naptime and during the day freaked out a few times but day 3 she was fine! Every once in awhile she asks for it and I tell her they are all gone and distract her. Sometimes she cries for a few minutes going to bed but I think we are in the clear! Seriously almost as bad as potty training.... which is coming up in a few months, argggg the life of a toddler!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Binkies Anonymous
My name is Sophie and I am addicted to binkies..... it has been 8 days since my last encounter.

Yep, we finally got rid of the sucker! It has been over a week now poor Sophie, she loved them so, she would hide them throughout the house and most the time had one in her hand and one in her mouth! I hated it and loved it at the same time, anytime she was being a pill you plug her and she was fine! But it was long overdue to get rid of it! I tried for months only letting her have it at bedtime but she would grab it and hide them and of course you buy more, I even cut the tip off and she flipped! So cold turkey was it, it was awful, completely awful the first two days. She cried for 20 minutes at bed and naptime and during the day freaked out a few times but day 3 she was fine! Every once in awhile she asks for it and I tell her they are all gone and distract her. Sometimes she cries for a few minutes going to bed but I think we are in the clear! Seriously almost as bad as potty training.... which is coming up in a few months, argggg the life of a toddler!
Yep, we finally got rid of the sucker! It has been over a week now poor Sophie, she loved them so, she would hide them throughout the house and most the time had one in her hand and one in her mouth! I hated it and loved it at the same time, anytime she was being a pill you plug her and she was fine! But it was long overdue to get rid of it! I tried for months only letting her have it at bedtime but she would grab it and hide them and of course you buy more, I even cut the tip off and she flipped! So cold turkey was it, it was awful, completely awful the first two days. She cried for 20 minutes at bed and naptime and during the day freaked out a few times but day 3 she was fine! Every once in awhile she asks for it and I tell her they are all gone and distract her. Sometimes she cries for a few minutes going to bed but I think we are in the clear! Seriously almost as bad as potty training.... which is coming up in a few months, argggg the life of a toddler!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I can imagine what a hard habit that would be to break. My boys never liked binkies but Lance used a sippy cup as a glorified binkie for the longest time. It was awful getting rid of those things. So good job, it must be a relief having that dreaded job behind you, now have fun with potty training. I am starting that fun with Luke next week.
This picture makes her look old. :(
Oh such fun...any tips on weaning Lincoln off of breastfeeding. We are down to just nights...but when he wakes up it is ugly. I need to just go cold turkey too, but so far I just can't come up with the strength to just do it.
oh man i do not look forward to that day... Tate loves his binki too!
HAHA! Aww....the "12 step" binky program..... :)
good for her! i cant imagine the the I have to do it to Trae he loves them like sophie, I want to do it soon though! she is too cute!
Good job! Getting rid of the binki is so hard. What a relief though.
I love this post. My kids like their binkies too, but it's worth the trouble to get rid of them when you think of all of the months of quiet you've gotten with them.
You are 16 weeks?~ When do you find out what your having? How ar eyou?!
Post a Comment