Monday, September 22, 2008

Family Night Fun!

I took the kids to the Don't waste Dixie kick off week at the town square tonight and we learned all about the new recycling program our city is starting. There are binnies all around town where you can drop off glass, paper, metal, and plastic. The kids were able to put their handprints on the new recycling truck. But Brielle didn't because she didn't like the color green, so Hunter was the only one to put his stamp on recycling. Go to www.wcsw.org if you are interesting in recycling, I think if all of us do at least one thing whether it be collecting our soda cans, newspapers, glass bottles, whatever we can make a big difference. 70% of waste is reusable!! Crazy! We also went to the Spring Park and fed the ducks with our friends the Hansens. The bread went pretty fast with five kids but they had fun.




5 comments:

Brent~April~Kennley said...

I love feeding the ducks! We have a pond in our backyard and the ducks are always walking around in the yard looking for bread. I love the handprints on the truck.....that is the cutest thing.

curtandheather said...

Looks like fun. You are such a great mom and come up with such creative things, Love ya.

Ashley and Ryan said...

Fun! Are you going to start recycling? I have some grocery bags I take to the store and they give me 5 cents off per bag! I wonder if they do that in St. George?

Clemments Family said...

I tagged you! Come check out my blog to see it!

Ashley and Ryan said...

Yes, I will do your physical (just not the pelvic or rectal exam sorry!) hehe......