Friday, December 11, 2009
Money
I love my Son, he has the biggest heart and is such a good kid. I have been really sick with an inner and outer ear infection so I haven't wrapped any presents yet, or even been able to go shopping for the rest of them! Hunter came to me the other day and said "Mom, I don't care what you get me for Christmas." I asked him what he meant and he said, "I know we don't have a lot of money, so I don't care if you get me anything." I almost cried and told him I have presents I just haven't wrapped them yet! I don't know where he got that from since we never discuss money in front of our kids but I think with all of the effects of this economy around he thought we were in trouble too. It was a good time to explain to him about being wise on what we spend our money on. Then today he came home from school and asked if we wanted money. I asked who was giving money away! He said his teacher told the class that any families that need money they would give them some. I laughed and told him it was for families that don't have money to pay their bills not us. He was like okay! My parents took the kids tonight so I could rest and guess what I did..... wrapped the presents and put them under the tree! Hopefully that will rest his mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a sweetheart, doesn't that innocent goodness just amaze you sometimes. If only we all could be like little children...
That is so cute! What a handsome little guy!
Would you give the kid some presents already and quit making him sweat.
Post a Comment