Monday, August 18, 2008

Brielle's first day of school

Brielle had her first day of preschool and boy was it a different experience with her. On Hunter's first day of preschool he just wanted me to drop him off and not go in with him well, Brielle wanted me to stay the whole time. So I explained to her while driving that I would go in with her for a minute and then leave and TJ would pick her up since I had to take Sophie to the Dr's. Well it sounded good until we got there, as soon as I got ready to leave she started crying! Yep, full on crying and had a death gripe on me! I don't know who this kids is she doesn't have a shy bone in her body. So the teacher had to pry her off of me and said she would call if she didn't stop in ten minutes. I went to the Dr and no call so I assume she was fine but I still worried the whole time. I called TJ to see if he picked her up and he said he was next in line and then saw her coming out the door. I was like is she pissed off or crying, we all know once Brielle is in a certain mood she is pretty headstrong to stay that way. So I imagine a really upset girl coming out the door but he said she was smiling so I listened as she got into the the truck. She stared laughing and said she loved preschool because she got....... a SNACK! Yep, that's my girl! I didn't need to tell her how much fun she would have meeting new friends, singing, reading, playing games and learning gymnastics, all she wanted was the snack! She loves preschool now and can't wait for Wednesday, thank goodness!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Oh I'm so glad she liked it! Snacks work every time. She is seriously such a pretty girl!

Eric and Jenny said...

A snack, that's so cute! I love her little back to school outfit, she looks darling! Must be so fun to have little girls to dress up.

utahmama2 said...

Yeah a lot of kids did that the first couple days of school in my preschool, but to be honest the sooner the parent leaves the kid does end up settling down when I distract them with the lessone. I am sure she had a lot of fun, and give it a little bit she will BEG to go back!!! lol

Brea Marie said...

I think that's how Brooke will react. I worry about her being away and being sad. Oh the joys of growing up! Glad to hear Brielle likes snack time!

Ashley and Ryan said...

Two little smarty pants! :)

Clemments Family said...

She is growing up. What a cute girl. Glad she like preschool!!

curtandheather said...

Wahoo!! All is well with food there. Love the outfit she must have a great person that shops and buys her great things :) She looks so cute.