Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Everyday Moments

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

This is an average night at the Bentley house:

No ones hair is brushed or done,
Clothes are mismatched and stained (most the time there is nothing but underwear on lol)
Mouths not washed from dinner
Moms in her frumpy clothes, most likely has a handprint food smear on her somewhere, hair back, mascara smeared, bags under her eyes, but happy with kids crawling all over, fighting for attention.
Dads at work late
Hunter throws the football too hard and giggles every time I tell him to throw it gently or I won't play
Sophie wants to be pushed on the swing and gets mad when Brielle pushes her instead
Callaway crawls around playing with any ball he can find, multiple times one of the kids picks him up to play, he gets mad and wants to be let down.
Brielle always puts on a show and tries to Mother everyone

Cries, shouts, and uncontrollable laughter fill the warm air

No one is picture perfect, but this is us almost every night.

This moment seems little, after all it happens all the time. But the years keep going by even more quickly than the last and I am beginning to realize these small moments really are big.














6 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

I love this post because it is real life. My day is just like this, and the pictures of you and your kids are so cute and fun!!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

I love the pictures of you and your kids! This was a great post!!!

Thiago & Teri said...

So adorable and so very true. You are such a great mom, I truly admire you. I think those little ones are so dang lucky to have you, no doubt in my mind you know what matters most. And you live it every day. Thanks for being such a great example!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Loved this post, so beautiful. You are a mom I admire truly and want to be more like. It's so obvious you take the time to really be there in the moment with your children. They will remember if for sure, and so will you.

Johnstun Fam said...

You are a Good Mommy! This is so true and I think I need to stop and smell the roses and have more nights like these and actually remember to write them down.
and I think you look absolutely beautiful in these pictures!

Clemments Family said...

I love this post so much! They make me smile. So cute and you look darling always.